You can connect to the VPN using the built-in Cisco IPSEC VPN client for iOS, by taking the following steps:
Select Settings, VPN, and Add VPN Configuration
Select the following options during setup, as shown below
Select IPSec as the VPN type at the top.
- Server: vpn.xavier.edu
- Account: your Xavier username
- Password: for security reasons, leave blank to prompt every time
- Group Name: XavierVPN (note: This is CASE sensitive)
- Secret: XavierMobile (note: This is CASE sensitive)
- Once you have entered these settings, select the On button next to the VPN. You will be prompted to enter your password and it will connect.
NOTE: the iPad does not have an app that natively browses remote file shares.