Installing Global Protect (one-time process only)
- Open a web browser and go to https://vpn.xavier.edu. Login using your Xavier credentials.
- Click on the appropriate download for your machine. All Xavier-supplied Windows 7 computers run Windows 64 bit. If you are unsure whether your Windows operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit, use this Microsoft checker.
- Save and run the GlobalProtect .msi install file that you downloaded. This will launch the setup wizard.
- Click Next and accept the default installation folder, and Next to confirm the installation, followed by Close to complete the installation.
Connecting to VPN with the GlobalProtect Client
- After installation is complete, you will find the GlobalProtect client in the task bar. Click on show hidden icons. Hovering your mouse over the GlobalProtect Icon will show your VPN connection status, which will beDisconnected after your initial installation.
- Right-click on the GlobalProtect icon to open the options menu. Then select Connect to start your VPN connection.
- Enter your user name and password. If necessary, enter vpn.xavier.edu into the Portal field and click Apply.
- Once you have successfully connected, you will note the GlobalProtect icon in the system tray with CONNECTED in the pop up balloon.
- Once you are connected, you have full VPN access into Xavier's network, allowing you to natively access your network drives, intranet sites, and other Xavier resources. If you no longer need remote access, right click on the GlobalProtect icon in the system tray and select Disconnect.
If you are on a home or non-Xavier PC, and need access to your network drives, they will need to be manually setup after connecting to the VPN.